Patricia Stamford - In All The Right Places

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Patricia Stamford - In All The Right Places

by djaay69 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:27 pm

was just wondering if there was ever a proper mix of this done with a mix out ending and not a fade out its such a beautiful track
Music Is My Life
djaay69
Star member
Star member

Re: patricia stamford in all the right places

by newdeejay » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:32 pm

No unfortunately not I wish there had been a definitive style mix of this too :)
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by The Almighty Crew » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm

This was originally recorded by Sarah Washington. In the negotiations that followed following on from the success of 'I Will Always Love You'. Sarah's version was buried. Not even sure we have the master recording of this still.

This could be a contender for a future reload as could 'Careless Whisper'!
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

by newdeejay » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:25 pm

would be a great reload.. would love to hear Sarah's version.. found a really good MP3 I though I'd lost of Sarah's/Doctor Martin 'These Boots Are made For Walkin' (which was in my opinion much better than the Rainbow Nation one) the other day X
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

Re: Patricia Stamford - In All The Right Places

by The Almighty Crew » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:21 pm

With a 12" inch piano mix appearing on our recent release 'Fridge Magnets' now seems a great time to revisit this vintage Almighty classic!

This was originally a hit for Lisa Stansfield in 1993 as part of the movie 'Indecent Proposal', peaking at number eight in the UK charts.

The vocals for our Almighty released version were originally recorded by Sarah Washington, however following on from her success with 'I Will Always Love You' and her subsequent decision to move to AM:PM records this version was unable to ever have been released.

Thankfully, Pamela Stamford was able to assume the vocal duties, providing a sultry performance to this piano house shaker that proved particularly popular with club nights such as 'Love Muscle' at The Fridge in London - making it an absolute must for our 'Fridge Magnets' collection.

Co-produced with Gary Miller alongside Gemini Jones and Martyn Norris, it was a staple of the dance floor from the end of 1993 right through to the summer of 94! The original single contained a 7" and 12" piano mix and a 12" pop'd up mix, alongside Nile and Cairo mixes of 'Blue Pyramid'.

A truly classic Almighty track that still hits 'all the right places' today!
The Almighty Crew

by Funky G » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:16 pm

PLEASE PLEASE!!! Can both mixes of "Blue Pyramid" be included on the reload? I want the reload of "In All The Right Places" but I would LOVE the B-side to be included as well, it's such a pretty and relaxing song after dancing to the main track. Really looking forward to this, I have wanted this Almighty track for a long time.
Come visit us at our brand new site for the best in animal care.

www.petsittersathome.com
Funky G
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by newdeejay » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:57 pm

Still think an updated mix of this would be fantastic, not sure a reload is on the cards, however x
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by djaay69 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 pm

such a shame that this never happened :(
Music Is My Life
djaay69
Star member
Star member

by The Almighty Crew » Fri May 05, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for bringing this post up again - it's a popular contender, however I believe these vocals and the master recordings are a gap in our archive. :(
There are certain elements that are needed for us to re-mix or reload something, so we will have to see what we can find, but unfortunately we cannot promise anything. I'm afraid this is the case for a few tracks that have been requested, however we are currently working to update our archives / hard drives and have been coming across some interesting gems!...
Emma x
The Almighty Crew

Return to Almighty Music