Obsession - I'm Alive Definitive Mix

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Obsession - I'm Alive Definitive Mix

by djrio2003 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:19 pm

One of my all time favourite songs until now :cry:
the new definitive mix is good production wise but the vocals have been changed and in my opinion have destroyed this gr8 track I have the Almighty mix from 1993 which was Excellent why have you changed the vocals???????????????????
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

obsession i`m alive(new vocal)

by newdeejay » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:39 pm

I quite like the new vocal and remix, hope there will be new remixes like this to download :0) by the way how do you get pics on your messages can someone let me know?? cheers Dave x
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by djrio2003 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:02 pm

hi newdeejay

go into profile and scroll down to "Avatar control panel" then where it says "Upload Avatar from your machine:" press browse and locate an image you have on your PC eg: my pictures and press submit, thats what i done. you can only upload an image 80 x 80 pixels which is the largest you can upload. I look a little squashed in my photo :wink:
have fun newdeejay
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

by newdeejay » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:47 pm

aww bless ya hun thanks x
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by newdeejay » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:06 pm

aaah mine seem to be too big.. ohh err.. never mind the logo will have to do for now, thanks again for ur help x
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by Susie Almighty » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:40 am

Nobody here can quite remembers which version came first. One version had Sarah Washington on vocals but 'The Boss' never thought it stood up to American Fade's vocal so it was re-done with two of our main vocalists. Jackie 'O' and Tasmin. This was a long time ago.........
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

by djrio2003 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:13 pm

thanks susie
i guess the 1993 version on "the almighty 12 inches volume 4" is the sarah washington vocal, its interesting to hear that tasmin and jackie 'o' did also do vocals. the newish version on the Almighty download exclusives, the vocal sounds very computerised almost male sounding, don't get me wrong the musical production is excellent but the orginal vocal was superb. i have the american fade version and the almighty version was right on track. will there be an ep with all 3 vocal versions ????????? i would love them :wink:
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

by illusive » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:26 pm

Isn't this the same version as the one from the Obsession Retrospective megamix?
I remember a few people mentioned this new mix on the old forum but no-one seemed to care at that time.
illusive
Gold member

by Angst in my Pants » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:40 pm

illusive wrote:Isn't this the same version as the one from the Obsession Retrospective megamix?
I remember a few people mentioned this new mix on the old forum but no-one seemed to care at that time.

Yes, it's the version from the Obsession "Only wanna be with you" megamix. I was one of those people and am so thrilled to finally get my paws on it!
Angst in my Pants
Brass member
Brass member

Return to Almighty Music