Yoda International wrote:PEOPLE!!!!

THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!!

Apparently not, according to Susie.
MrBrady
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

by Yoda International » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:13 am

Whatever...

I'm not going to argue anymore about this... if you lot want to believe they are the same... more power for you! :twisted:
Yoda International
Silver member
Silver member

by canadian dj » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:57 pm

ichiban wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It sounds like the same mix to me, and there was no difference between them when I played them side by side. :roll:

Sorry, I'm referring to the two different mixes on this website. You must be referring to a mix that is on your X compilation. My mistake! :)
Dancin' helps relieve the pain
soothes your mind
makes you happy again!
canadian dj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by ichiban » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:00 pm

If you read my original post I do say "download section - Definitive" and "november remix ie X - almighty pumpin anthem mix"

So anyway we now know that they are the exact same mix, but with a name change! :lol:
Now You Don't Want To Know
What I Was Going Through
Cos Just Like You Said
It Means Nothing To You
So You Run
You Just Won't Show Love
That's The Thing
You're Frightened Of.
ichiban
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

cd single or cdr 205

by arizonaboy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:11 pm

I missing this number in my collection Who & What Song????? Thanks
arizonaboy
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

by Thora Zeene » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:40 pm

It's the Cover Girls ....isn't it?
Thora Zeene
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by Shuggy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:42 pm

I have found that if you put the catalogue number in the search facility it will come up with the product.
Yes Thora, just checked and it is `You`re Beautiful` :D
Shuggy

by arizonaboy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:51 pm

thanks guys!! :P
arizonaboy
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

You're Beautiful

by canadian dj » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:21 am

James Blunt is currently sitting at the #2 position on America's Billboard Hot 100 with the possibility of hitting the top. It will be interesting to see if The Cover Girls dance cover starts to get some play in the clubs here. I currently play the song in the early part of the evening and get a small response but now plan to push it a bit more. It would be really cool to see more interest in Almighty's cover over here in the next few weeks.
soothes your mind
makes you happy again!
canadian dj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by Loved Up » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:16 pm

To be honest, I think you'll be better off playing the Klone-version of this song. Much better vocals not to say better bgr-sound...I love the Dream Girls' voice(s) but not even they can't lift this song up for me...I really don't like the song at all from the begining so...but still the Klone version offers really good vocals and a much more energetic sound with fits me better than the Almighty version unfortunately... :cry:
Loved Up
Star member
Star member

beautiful?

by Cudsie » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:54 pm

to be honest I think both versions are pretty poor...its not a song that lends itself to be "popped" up in my opinion.

At a push I prefer the Almighty version...it breathes more and I think the vocals are vastly superior to the other labels.

However the mixes are not particularly strong and it sounds generally quite watered down. No hooks or riffs to give it momentum. quite flat really. it does nothing on the dancefloors I heard it on for the brief week or two dj's spun it.

The other label is quite the opposite its far too pumping and "noisy" (a common fault with this label I find) especially for this type of song. It also does a weird thing with the timing which makes it sound rushed, stilted and well cheap! Heard it in a couple of clubs (which is rare in itself - don't often hear klone in London outside of Central Station!) and people didn;t know how to respond or dance to it.

Its understandable why the labels think they have to do these "popular" tracks but I sometimes think their minds over rule their heart and gut feelings.
Cudsie

by QtStuff_77 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:37 pm

Well I think Almighty's versions are excellent! When I've been out and heard them being played they've received a great response!

Loved Up always seems to put a downer on things!

QtStuff x x x
QtStuff_77
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by djaay69 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:48 pm

i have to agree Almighty's version is fantastic and the music is flawless the vocals also compliment the record totally god only knows what klone have done to it the vocals on their version are totally out of time with the backing track at least on the Almighty version The Cover Girls are singing it in the same style as James Blunt sang the original unlike i am sorry to say the klone version
djaay69
Star member
Star member

by Thora Zeene » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:14 pm

Loved Up wrote:.I love the Dream Girls' voice(s) but not even they can't lift this song up for me...

erm if you'd bother to read the sleeve I think you'll find it's the Cover girlz :twisted:
Thora Zeene
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by canadian dj » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:38 pm

djaay69 wrote: The Cover Girls are singing it in the same style as James Blunt sang the original unlike i am sorry to say the klone version

When I slow the track down a bit, the vocals have this neat way of sounding a bit like James Blunt which is quite nice.....even though they're cover 'girls'.
soothes your mind
makes you happy again!
canadian dj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Almighty Music