Almighty Vinyl And CD’s.

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Almighty Vinyl And CD’s.

by The Almighty Crew » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Unfortunately there is no definitive list of what Almighty released on 12” vinyl or CD. We do not have every CD and piece of vinyl we have ever produced. The supposed rule was, that 10 of everything that came in went to the Library. We realize now this did not always happen! When we moved in 2004 the Library was also reduced by 50%.

When Almighty started there were no discussion boards, there was never felt to be a need for it all to be listed, or that later people would be even interested or be able to comment on these matters in the future It was in a much smaller way, the same as TV stations and other major record labels that have dumped their original master recordings, thinking they would never need them again. We had many CD’s that sold well every year and - when they sold out they were just re-pressed. ‘Think Twice’, ‘I Am What I Am’ and 'Dancing Queen', are a few that come immediately to mind as being endless singles that went for re-press. If they were not that popular they just were not re-called. Our catalogue - as we know it, is being listed in our digital catalogue, which started to be developed in 2004, and is still on going work in progress.

It is a major project to reload a single, finding the original DAT’s, see if they still play, sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. All Almighty Master Recordings and Mixes pre 2003 are stored on Digital Audio Tape which is now an obsolete format. There are still about 1000 to go through. It takes about 4 - 5 hours to go through one tape, and to copying the relevant mixes into sound designer, and then convert them into i-tunes as WAV’s

The Almighty Crew 2010
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

by javi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:08 pm

hello almighty :

I have all the vinilos and CDs and albums edited for almighty ,I have the whole collection.
It is very difficult to obtain some CDs ,Example bianca " until the night ", linda taylor
" love in shadows " etc..

I have the whole collection, even I have vinilos promo and versions not edited to the sale to the public,

example royal t leave dont cha baby me this way "version full on vocal mix ", etc...

would be too expensive to enumerate all the cds and vinyl records I have.

celine / reuben has the full list, because once it passes on.
thank you
javier
spain
javier
javi
Silver member
Silver member

by Kris » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:16 pm

javi wrote:hello almighty :I have all the vinilos and CDs and albums edited for almighty ,I have the whole collection.

But do you know for sure? Especially since there's no official list to compare your collection with.
Some (or many) singles were also released on different promo's or white labels.
Kris
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by The Almighty Crew » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:21 am

We think Javi probably has one of the most complete vinyl collections. Up until about 1997 we use to sell 4 pieces of vinyl for every CD. Spain use to be a major country for Almighty product to be released in, plus it had a very good import market for our vinyl releases.
The Almighty Crew

by javi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:52 pm

hello:

What happens in these moments is that spain for any years already it does not distribute music of almighty, since it does not commercialize this one in vinyl.

Max music pioneer in music dances and almighty records, already it does not exist, it was the only one that was commercializing more music of almighty.

For this motive if the Spanish companies were buying all the vinilos of import, was not it profitable for almighty?
javier
javi
Silver member
Silver member

by The Almighty Crew » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 pm

It was profitable. they were good times!. The companies that use to export our vinyl have now all closed. The labels that use to license our product are not there any more either :(
The Almighty Crew

by javi » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:58 pm

It continues today opened the record ones VALE MUSIC, BIT MUSIC , CONTRASEÑA RECORDS ) .

Also this zyx, former company that solia to buy some songs that has happened(passed) with her ?

Because now they do not buy the licenses?

They are very expensive and do not gain(earn) sufficient money?
javier
javi
Silver member
Silver member

Re: Almighty Vinyl And CD’s.

by javi » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

If anyone wants to buy vinyl album from almighty there is a web in spain

www.discazos.com
javier
javi
Silver member
Silver member