Cilla Black - Almighty Mixes

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

NEW CILLA CD/DVD SET / PREVIEW THE DVD!

by Mr. K » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Here is a link to the new set I produced for EMI. It features the hits and more by Parlophone's most successful female pop act of the 1960s - Cilla Black:
http://www.cillablack.com/news-EMI-D...Collection.htm

A remixed single comes out and remixes album on the 7 September 2009 which I instigated: http://www.cillablack.com/news-remixes.htm

The ALMIGHTY mixes will feature on these projects. But alternate versions will be available exclusively to forthcoming ALMIGHTY CD sets.

Mr. K

by dj teapot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 pm

silly question but is she a tour of any kind, i love the camp and would love to see her live, cant afford to see ms bassey :( so she will have to do ha ha
dj teapot

Tour

by Mr. K » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 am

Sorry to say no plans for that at the mo. It will be first good to see how well the new releases do. The great news is Capitol USA have confirmed they are putting out everything stateside on download.
Mr. K

by djsi » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:23 am

if you like cilla or not i have to say well done to almighty for the realy good remixers. ive just had the album remix promo which had 4 almighty mixers

1. Step Inside Love (Almighty)
2. Something Tells Me (Almighty)
3. Anyone Who Had a Heart (Almighty)
4. Baby We Cant Go Wrong (Almighty)
djsi

Cilla Black

by teddy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:27 pm

I have listened to it on you tube a few times, it grows on you.
teddy
Small member

by dj teapot » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:47 am

"Somethng Tells Me" is going down well at my place, the best time to play is at peak time... every one pissed dancing having a good time :) even the area manager loves it
dj teapot

by Susie Almighty » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:45 am

Our new Cilla Black competition is up and running, and we are truly amazed at the huge response this one has had so early!

Regards

Susie Almighty
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

by CJ » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:47 am

dj teapot wrote:"Somethng Tells Me" is going down well at my place, the best time to play is at peak time... every one pissed dancing having a good time :) even the area manager loves it

Yup, it's excellent. Everybody gets a smile on their face. Thanks :D
CJ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by tonybwgc » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:06 pm

To all the people who have knocked Cilla, I would just like to say this; She was a big, big pop star in thE 60's, ranking right up there with the best of them, at one point being voted third best singer in the WORLD. Time waits for nobody and yes, even the big chart starts of today will eventually fade from the music scene and be regarded as old hat. So to the bloke who found it so amusing that CILLA BLACK, of all people, is being remixed by Almighty and has a new single coming out, I say GROW UP! Just because she is not to your musical taste is no reason to ridicule her, so butt out buddy! If you dont like it, don't listen to it. For those of us who followed Cilla through the 60's, this is great news and we would love her to have a hit again. "Something Tells Me" is a good singalong song. No deep meaning? SO WHAT? Ever heard of fun?! Why can't she have a hit and why shouldn't all her old recordings be re-released? She made some brilliant records throught the 60's and 70's. She was highlly regarded by many in her singing heyday; John Lennon and Paul MacCartney being but two. Burt Bacharach being another. More recently Tim Rice said she was in many ways a stronger singer than Dionne Warwick. And you know what? She can STILL sing, as can be testified by the thousands of people who saw her in pantomime last year. The voice is still there. I say good luck to her and I for one will be buying the single and all of the other re-releases.
tonybwgc

by dj teapot » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:28 pm

tonybwgc wrote:To all the people who have knocked Cilla, I would just like to say this; She was a big, big pop star in thE 60's, ranking right up there with the best of them, at one point being voted third best singer in the WORLD. Time waits for nobody and yes, even the big chart starts of today will eventually fade from the music scene and be regarded as old hat. So to the bloke who found it so amusing that CILLA BLACK, of all people, is being remixed by Almighty and has a new single coming out, I say GROW UP! Just because she is not to your musical taste is no reason to ridicule her, so butt out buddy! If you dont like it, don't listen to it. For those of us who followed Cilla through the 60's, this is great news and we would love her to have a hit again. "Something Tells Me" is a good singalong song. No deep meaning? SO WHAT? Ever heard of fun?! Why can't she have a hit and why shouldn't all her old recordings be re-released? She made some brilliant records throught the 60's and 70's. She was highlly regarded by many in her singing heyday; John Lennon and Paul MacCartney being but two. Burt Bacharach being another. More recently Tim Rice said she was in many ways a stronger singer than Dionne Warwick. And you know what? She can STILL sing, as can be testified by the thousands of people who saw her in pantomime last year. The voice is still there. I say good luck to her and I for one will be buying the single and all of the other re-releases.

Go you :) great comments :)
dj teapot

by dj teapot » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Cilla makes it to September
dj teapot

by Hedda Hopper » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 am

Who saw Cilla on the 'One Show' on TV last night? FAB! You can alsways see it again on the BBC i-player. :)
Hedda Hopper
Silver member
Silver member

by dj teapot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 am

I did, Cilla White doesnt have the same ring as Cilla Black haha
dj teapot

by Vi Reid » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:21 am

why does she always have that "SUPRISE SUPRISE' look on her face?
I like to please most of the people , most of the time
Vi Reid
Silver member
Silver member

by dj teapot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:39 am

because its our Cilla haha
dj teapot

PreviousNext

Return to Almighty Music