Almighty - The 25th Anniversary

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

by Jason Davis » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:49 am

Thanks for that, I probably read it and had already dropped my acid LOL ... (kidding)

Jason. :D
Please note : http://www.eurodancehits.com main - now relaunched - do join and participate!

PLEASE NOTE : The monthly EURO-HiNRG charts still be available without interruption at : http://charts.eurodancehits.com/euronrg/

eurodancehits_jason@yahoo.com
Jason Davis
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

Wayne G

by Cudsie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Almighty @ 20 the Wayne G remixes...

will this be a stand alone product with all his old and brand new remixes he has just done?

or will we have to buy the mixes seperately?
Cudsie

Re: Wayne G

by djrio2003 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Cudsie wrote:Almighty @ 20 the Wayne G remixes...

will this be a stand alone product with all his old and brand new remixes he has just done?

or will we have to buy the mixes seperately?

Where have you read or heard this news?????
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

by Edie McLurg » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:26 am

It was on his Facebook page a couple o' days ago, didn't say what tracks, though i think he hinted at 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' and 'I Promised Myself'
"Damn you vile woman !!!"

http://www.facebook.com/cameronparker74
Edie McLurg
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

Almighty: Two Decades of Dance.

by The Almighty Crew » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:07 pm

It seems only yesterday that we finished ‘Almighty Anthems: A Decade Of Dance’. That was at the end of 1999, when we were still making 12” vinyl and manufactured CD singles; now the 12” vinyl single and CD single are considered obsolete formats! We were still mailing out hard copies of our new product catalogues to mail order customers. Now the Internet has replaced many of the things we took for granted as part of everyday life. Customers tend to no longer to buy music in shops. In fact 90% of the music shops we dealt with all over the world have now closed. Customers choose now to buy their CD’s on line or as a digital download or from an on-line store such as Almighty’s very own shop or from Amazon. Physical product still counts for two thirds of our business from our on-line store.

For our celebration album for 2010 (Almighty at 20) we have consulted and are following a similar format as Almighty Anthems (A Decade Of Dance). What we considered timeless in 2000 has now radically changed; styles in the last decade have moved from trance, funky house and now we are back to more charged electro house, all of which Almighty have adapted into their own style to suit the times.

To celebrate 20 years of being in the business our major new project Almighty – 2 Decades of Dance is coming to fruition.

This Ultimate collection spans two decades, and includes all the tracks that in 2010 still remain our very best sellers over the full twenty years.

The manufactured album will be mega-mixed with 20 tracks on each disc - Disc One from 2000 - 2010. Disc Two from 1990 – 1999.

Most importantly the album will contain 12 brand new mixes.

There will be full quality CDR Discs with all the new 12” versions separated to accompany the project. There will also be a number of re-loads for some of our most iconic singles that will include the new mixes and some mixes we have never released before.

The Almighty Crew
Last edited by The Almighty Crew on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

by The Almighty Crew » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:20 pm

Before anybody asks 'Chasing Cars' was not one of our best selling tracks and is not for this project! We have this in mmind for something else.
Last edited by The Almighty Crew on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Almighty Crew

Almighty @ 20

by Cudsie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 pm

first of all congratulations Almighty!

The project sounds fantastic especially by accommodating everyone by supplying mixed party discs and unmixed DJ discs.

Over the last 10 or so years I have really enjoyed keeping up with Almighty - being one of your strongest critics and staunchest allies. Prior to 1999 I wasn't into Almighty - I had a much more indie style and I never really saw much point of covers.

That all changed when I heard Deja Vu's - To Deserve You in some club somewhere in London and instantly fell in love with the voice and the production which I still rate as better than the Bette Midler originals.

I slowly began to take more interest - particularly when you hit your stride doing remixes of chart tracks which got played in all the clubs I used to spend my illbegotten youth in.

Over the years the styles and formats have changed but even if I don't always agree with some of the choices or direction mixes or projects have taken I know that the quality and professionalism will always be there.

That you have lasted 20 years and are still expanding your catalogue and being commissioned again for chart hits is a testament to the care and hard work everyone who is or ever has been involved with Almighty has put into every project.

Sempre Almighty

PS oh yeah Chasing Cars... *cough*
Cudsie

by The Almighty Crew » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:42 pm

Thank you Cudsie for your kind words. We do appreciate the support you give us.

The Almighty Crew
The Almighty Crew

by chance » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 am

Wow, 20 years old! Has it really been almost 20 years since I bought my first Almighty CD (Abbacadabra's "Dancing Queen" single on the Almighty generic orange label CD)? Well, your great choice of cover material made me take notice but it's the outstanding production that's kept me coming back all these years. Thank you, Almighty, for being such a big part of my adult life. May the next 20 years be just as successful!

:D
Remember Tomorrow
chance
Star member
Star member

by Char Treuse » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Gee this sounds like an ambitious project & I really can't wait to hear the new mixes. And, 20 years! First off, as I mentioned once before, I remember very clearly buying my 1st Almighty cd -- Sarah Washington, "I Will Always Love You" at the cd shop inside Brompton's in Earl's Court, and that doesn't seem like it could possibly be that long ago. But congratulations on being the most successful independent NRG label ever (most successful dance label ever, internationally?). Wow!
Char Treuse
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

by The Almighty Crew » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:23 pm

We have updated the news on this project today.
The Almighty Crew

by chance » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:58 am

I'm not seeing an update anywhere. What am I missing?

:?:
Remember Tomorrow
chance
Star member
Star member

by Char Treuse » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Chance, thanks for posting that -- thought it was just me.
Char Treuse
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

news

by Cudsie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Cudsie

by Char Treuse » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Thanks, Cudsie!
Char Treuse
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

PreviousNext