Abbacadabra - 'We Love.....

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Re: Abbacadabra recommendation

by Fairy Snow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I would recommend the 'We Love Abba' The Mamma Mia Dance collection, as it has everything.

The Mama Mia Platinum collection is pretty good too.
Fairy Snow
Bronze member

by chance » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 am

Too hard. That's like having to choose just one ABBA album for the iPod. Can't do it.

I'd go with the WE LOVE ABBACADABRA compilation since it includes "Just Like That," "If It Wasn't For The Nights" and "Under Attack" but I'd have to tack on some of my other favorite mixes and tracks.
Remember Tomorrow
chance
Star member
Star member

by Lynn Almighty » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:08 am

I would remove the ABBA albums to make more room for the Abbacadabra ones! :wink: Hee hee!

For me, it's abbasolutely got to be the latest collection 'We Love Abbacadrabra' - it's the most up-to-date collection with all the latest tracks included...

x
Lynn Almighty
Gold member

by Jason E Davis » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:21 pm

I want to see a new one, with things like "Our Last Summer" (perfect for Fall), "The Piper, "Me & I" ... sure people can suggest some more for it?

Jason. :D
Please note : www.eurodancehits.com main - now relaunched - do join and participate!

The monthly EURO-HiNRG charts still be available without interruption at : http://charts.eurodancehits.com/euronrg/

eurodancehits_jason@yahoo.com
Jason E Davis
Brass member
Brass member

by Funky G » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:19 pm

For me it would be the nicely Definitive Abbacadabra album "Abbasalute: The Dance Collection". Always was and always will be a Mary Brazzle fan! Miss those days of Jewels & Stone being an Almighty in-house remix team.
Come visit us at our brand new site for the best in animal care.

www.petsittersathome.com
Funky G
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by womble » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 pm

This has been requested before, NEW SONGS not remixed by Almighty before, like Does You Mother KNow and Head Over Heels etc - but alas - Abbacadabra is gone :-(
Womble :-)

Wombling Along To The Almighty Beat !!
womble
Wombling Along
Wombling Along

by mrjop1975 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Thank you everybody for the responses and reasons why :D It is definately hard to decide, that's for certain but the reasons people gave for one or the other were definately spot on.
MrJoP1975
mrjop1975
Gold member

Re: Abbabadabra - 'We Love Abba'

by The Almighty Crew » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:46 pm

It is very nice to see that Abbacadabra still brings customers to the Almighty website :)
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

by Jason E Davis » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:30 pm

I wouldn't end releases by this group - they always do well, most people still enjoy one (even if only 1-2 songs a year) - later to be put into a new collection in couple of years.

There are so many great non-covered songs (maybe not big singles, but still very enjoyable from albums, a couple I mentioned above).

For me, I am not even that versed with most of their songs prior to 1980's "Super Trouper" album, so to me many of those songs (that weren't singles) would be new to me. That was the first album I ever owned, but heard some of the other big hits on radio (hey, I was a kid and I got what I got LOL).

But, so consider doing more (albiet less often maybe) as people will still enjoy ABBA covers (even if they aren't the most obvious choices).

I had hoped to be surprised by a Fall 2011 single of "Our Last Summer" for the clubs/fans - it's so beautiful.

Just my thoughts, Jason. :)
Please note : www.eurodancehits.com main - now relaunched - do join and participate!

The monthly EURO-HiNRG charts still be available without interruption at : http://charts.eurodancehits.com/euronrg/

eurodancehits_jason@yahoo.com
Jason E Davis
Brass member
Brass member

by The Almighty Crew » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:57 pm

We are quite pleasantly surprised that 'Fernando' is currently the most popular Abbacadabra track that is sold on Digital stores all over the world.

We had to have our arms twisted by Dean Ferguson who used to write the music column for DMA, to do this song.
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

Re: Abbacadabra - 'We Love.....

by newdeejay » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Is that it for Abbacadabra now? Or would Almighty consider recording some more Abba songs not yet covered? I.e. 'Kisses
Of Fire', 'When I Kissed The Teacher' etc.. Maybe a special e.p. At some point?
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by Susie Almighty » Mon May 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Sadly Dave it is not very likely at the moment. The world is quite Abba'd out these days.

Abbacadabra was our best selling project for many years. The sales and feedback, particularly between 1992 - 1994 was quite amazing, it was 'Dancing Queen' that really decided us to make 'Almighty' a full time business.

I am sure Abbacadabra will have a renaissance. And of course we have all the vocals for posterity.
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

by newdeejay » Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Thanks Susie :-)
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by Thora Zeene » Mon May 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Oh, I think the world could fit in one more Abbacadabra album….especially if it were the lesser known tracks….

but….I could be wrong :?
Thora Zeene
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by womble » Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Yes, the bear wants another Abba album - but this project has to be tracks not remixed before by Almighty ! The bear doesn't want to hear any existing remixed songs by Almighty to be Re hashed, cut and spruced up for the 2015 treatment - bear wants to hear songs that didn't make it to Any of the Almighty albums - songs like Love Light, Does Your Mother Know, Kisses Of Fire and so on. Matt Pop is around now, so he can spruce things up for Almighty. And please bring back the Abbacadabra singers for conformity to the other albums - NOT these new vocalists Almighty are using now - they really are vile sounding. And please - in the old style of Almighty music - not this new sound that is no longer distinct. Bear used to go to clubs and KNEW when Almighty was playing - now bear knows through the Vocals !
Womble :-)

Wombling Along To The Almighty Beat !!
womble
Wombling Along
Wombling Along

PreviousNext

Return to Almighty Music