The Funky Almighty Town... ^^'

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

The Funky Almighty Town... ^^'

by Loved Up » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:18 pm

Have the ALMY-crew ever thought of doing a cover of Funky Town? There speciality is after all re-makes of melodic songs and this one, like Popcorn & Axel F, would be a SMASHER on the floor.

IF they've concider it before, why didn't they do it?

I can see it now: The Dream Girls - Funky Town (2005 Almighty Mixes)

:wink:
Loved Up
Star member
Star member

by Shuggy » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:38 pm

There was quite a good cover in the late 90`s `Gotta Move On` by the Pump Sisters on Fire Island Records. Have you heard it?
I agree that while there is nothing current to cover they should do a fun/ party type tune!
Shuggy

by Thora Zeene » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:58 pm

is it possible to out funk the original - me thinks not!
Thora Zeene
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by illusive » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:19 pm

Shuggy wrote:There was quite a good cover in the late 90`s `Gotta Move On` by the Pump Sisters on Fire Island Records. Have you heard it?
I agree that while there is nothing current to cover they should do a fun/ party type tune!

And because it was more a sample than a full-on-lyrics cover, it sounds frighteningly up-to-date.
The Saifam guys did another one in 1994 for the Dig It/Hotline label: PLASTIKA: Funkytown medley Breakdown (Breakdown is just a typical eurodance riff, so no medley at all).
A Gemm search will probably show 50+ other Funkytown covers.
I still have to hear the one that beats the original though.
illusive
Gold member

by CJ » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:25 am

illusive wrote: I'lI still have to hear the one that beats the original though.

Yeah, it's funny. I have quite a few cover versions but still it's the original i love :)
CJ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by Loved Up » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:01 am

Nah, haven't heared that one, where can I buy it?

And it would be hard to top the original (as usuall) but in the case of The Dream Girls VS Donna S I would say they've done it. Love the Dream Girls vocals and they sure make Donna S sound like an old hag *S*...

I'm sure that a project as "P.A.S.S.I.O.N" would work PERFECT with FK and also (as I said earlier) with the classic Miquel B. track; So Many Men...it would surely be a SMASHING "Take-2" CD-Maxi or CD-R!
Loved Up
Star member
Star member

Return to Almighty Music