Steps and Almighty

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Steps and Almighty

by Stepsrcwl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Hey folks,

Steps have been back for a couple of months now with their new music and with 2 singles (Nearly three) under the belts, I haven't seen any mixes about this time by Almighty. Are there any plans for this? Neon Blue could easily have the Almighty treatment (And it would sound brilliant).

Thanks
Stepsrcwl

Re: Steps and Almighty

by u4icmusic » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:48 am

Is Almighty not responding to questions anymore? Seems like this forum has seen better days.
Remix Services, mostly gone, but never forgotten.
u4icmusic
Star member
Star member

by chance » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 am

Emma regularly responds to questions. There's just not a lot of activity here anymore, sadly. :(

My guess is Almighty is no longer offering remix services to the labels but I could be wrong. I think all of Steps recent singles have been remixed by 7th Heaven which is the next best thing. :wink:
Remember Tomorrow
chance
Star member
Star member

by ctc43f » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:47 pm

It doesn't help when they remove the Forum link from the top of the first page, although the forums saw low activity for some time before that.

Does anyone have an idea how many remixers still sit on the Almighty team? Wikipedia said that the 7th Heaven team were former Almighty remixers (which is why I love much of their work I suppose), I wasn't sure how much of the team remained today.

If Almighty does plan on fading into the sunset, I wish they would go out with a bang and release as much of their back catalog as they could. I would love to see former club-only releases on commercially pressed CDs a la the Essentials series. Former remixes, unreleased mixes of the covers, etc. Who knows, except to say all has been quiet here for too long.
ctc43f
Gold member

by y3v0n » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:30 pm

Indeed Jon and Andy moved onto become 7th Heaven. It’s hard to know who’s involved anymore, even before there were only small hints as to who was tasked with which remix, mostly based on the differences in sound (eg the difference in sound between Get Over You and (This Is A) Song For The Lonely).

The main problem is a huge amount of Almighty’s back catalogue is remix work where they do not own the copyright or licence allowing them to release as they please, meaning they need to guarantee big sales to justify the licensing expense. It was okay back in the day with Almighty Downunder and more recently the Essentials and Definitive series; but as time passes, these compilations are more and more likely to be bought by specific Almighty fans, as opposed to a more general market.
y3v0n
Brass member
Brass member

by The Almighty Crew » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks y3v0n for your post, that's correct - there are implications that do not allow us to release remixes that are not owned by Almighty, on commercial albums, which is why some requests for new albums featuring these sorts of remixes cannot be fulfilled.

Unfortunately both the music industry and remix business have changed drastically since the 90's and 00's. The major labels have been buying up lots of older acts' catalogue, which they then control. This has made it difficult for small labels to pick up remixes from these big name artists when, now due to streaming, the majors are not likely to see much of a financial return.
Emma at Almighty x
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

Return to Almighty Music