Almighty Question Time

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Almighty Question Time

by mister dot com » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:43 am

If you could ask the almighy crew anything you wanted to know about almighty productions, what would you ask. . . . . . Mine are

have you ever wanted a certain singer to be available to do a recording of a song, but that singer wasn't available so another one was asked instead

Have you ever been asked to remix a track but you didn't like the song so you turned the offer down

Who decides what is going to be released each month

Who has the final say after a remix has been done, wether it's good enough or not to be released

How many people does it take to work on 1 remix

What was the most difficult song to remix

Have you ever really wanted to remix a song using original vocals taken from a track but couldn't because the music could not be removed from the track

Please Almighty Crew . . This would be an interesting thread if questions were answered
mister dot com
Star member
Star member

by dj teapot » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:12 am

opens the sherry
dj teapot

by Funky G » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:06 am

I don't really know how to phrase the question properly but here goes a try. In general, how did Almighty Records operate behind the scenes in the golden 90s?

Who's who behind the scenes of the label during the famous years of the 90s? Who were the various producer members who helped contribute to Almighty throughout the years?

If you could pick your top most favorite session singers you worked with over the label's career, who would they be?

How did you always find all the different session singers that sang on all the Almighty productions?

And lastly. Will there ever be a collection for the truly die hard fans of Gemini Jones such as myself of all his B-side tracks from as many of the CD-singles that he produced B-sides for?
Come visit us at our brand new site for the best in animal care.

www.petsittersathome.com
Funky G
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Almighty Question Time

by The Almighty Crew » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi there!

We don't normally do this... but as it's the weekend and we are in work, we thought this would be quite fun!

mister dot com wrote:If you could ask the almighy crew anything you wanted to know about almighty productions, what would you ask. . . . . . Mine are

have you ever wanted a certain singer to be available to do a recording of a song, but that singer wasn't available so another one was asked instead

Yes! We originally wanted Rochelle to do 'My Heart Will Go On' but she was not available at the time and very luckily we decided to do the project with Deja Vu Feat. Tasmin - and this turned out to be Almighty's biggest US success!

Have you ever been asked to remix a track but you didn't like the song so you turned the offer down

It was generally our policy to do every remix we were asked to do, whether we liked it or not. Some, where the vocals are recorded between 90 and 100 bpm are very hard to do. The vocals would normally sound like mini mouse!

Who decides what is going to be released each month

It's both an office and a studio discussion - we all get together and are involved in the decisions. Singles tend to be a fashion item, whereas albums are planned further in advance; if there is a great song at the time - like 'Bleeding Love' that does not have good pop-dance remixes, they are ideal for us to do.

Who has the final say after a remix has been done, wether it's good enough or not to be released

If it's an outside remix it is down to the client. If it is one of our own productions, we make sure we are happy with it here before it goes out.

How many people does it take to work on 1 remix

These days, it can take anything from 1 and 3 people.

What was the most difficult song to remix

Possibly things like Diana Ross' 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough', which were never recorded in a computer and so every beat has to be re-aligned and the timing worked out again as naturally real people do not play like a computer does. E.g. some disco tracks can vary in time from 129 - 139 bpm which would not happen on today's computerised programs.

Have you ever really wanted to remix a song using original vocals taken from a track but couldn't because the music could not be removed from the track

We don't usually do what are called 'mash-ups' i.e. that is where original, separated vocal parts are not available. Very occasionally we have though, i.e. with Cilla Black's 'Anyone Who Had A Heart' where we chopped up a lot of the original 7" version, plus some re-recorded parts.

Please Almighty Crew . . This would be an interesting thread if questions were answered
The Almighty Crew
http://twitter.com/#!/almightycrew

by mister dot com » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions Almighty Crew. xxx
mister dot com
Star member
Star member

by Celine » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:46 pm

very interesting. ditto, thanks almighty dream team.

still waiting for my bedtime story, Big Daddy! ;)
Celine
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by MrGirlfriend » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:06 pm

Thanks for the inside scoop!
MrGirlfriend
Gold member

Return to Almighty Music