Paula Myles - Evergreen

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Paula Myles - Evergreen

by DJ Nrg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:22 am

Almy fans...
I have a version of Paula Myles - Evergreen that I acquired in the past that I think/thought was the "Definitive" mix but now that I've listened to the one on the web site is somewhat different. I'm pretty keen on the Definitive sound and the one I have is very Almy sounding. Now that I've heard the one on the "Exclusives" link I'm wondering. Were there possibly two different versions released for this production? It's not really Euphoric, Hit Squad, or 3AM sounding. Maybe there was a version that got out of the archives that wasn't "released"? Any ideas anyone on this? I, of course, I'm going to buy the online version too.
Almighty then!
DJ Nrg :lol:
DJ Nrg

by djrio2003 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:50 pm

hi djnrg
i have an early version from the mid 90's on "over the rainbow gay classics 3" and it is stunning, it reminds of the petshopboys "always on my mind" the one online seems to be a new mix.

djrio :)
Last edited by djrio2003 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

paula myles - evergreen

by newdeejay » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm

hi there , I `m glad it wasn`t just me.. been trying to find the other version of paula Myles, I know I have it somewhere, as downloaded the new mp3 and thought it was different. I much prefer the definitive sounding mix though. Dave x
newdeejay
Star member
Star member

by Juicy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm

I'm pretty sure Almighty have never remixed this track......
Juicy
Silver member
Silver member

Paula Myles -Evergreen.

by Susie Almighty » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:41 am

Are you saying there is another mix of Paula Myles? If you tell us about different mixes we will of course try and locate them and add them to the site over time.
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

by Nurse. Ratchet » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:09 am

I did a search for this when the topic came up. I found this chaps website stating he had the Almighty Club mix on mp3 . http://www.muttsnuts.net/mp3s.htm

Is this one of those dodgy downloads where you can call the mix whatever you want :?
The only other Almighty Evergreen I can find is Belle Lawrence
Nurse. Ratchet

by Nurse. Ratchet » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:12 am

Maybe it was on a showreel!
Nurse. Ratchet

by illusive » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:16 pm

According to the "Evergreen" download info this was recorded in 1994, and that's exactly how it sounds!
This version was never used for an Almighty compilation, they have only released the mix from the Gay Classics 3 album (1996)
Of course, until now, we never knew this was actually a remix - never credited as "definitive mix" but surely Almighty Definitive style at its best.
If you don't already have this album, make sure you track down a copy.
It also has the original 12" of Losing My Mind and Dusty's "In Private" remix :D
illusive
Gold member

* Paula Myles - Evergreen! *

by DJ Nrg » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:30 am

Ok, so here we are...and thank you for all your input on this interesting track. I now have the "Club Mix" download on this track from the site and it is good but very "Almighty Pop'd Up Mix" sounding compared to the one we're talking about.

Susie and Almy Staff...re: the Gay Classics 3 he's talking about...was there a "Definitive Mix" of this song released/recorded in 1994? This must be the one that we have. I really like the one on the downloads also and yes, it's Paula Myles vocals...but did we forget about the 1994 recording? I know there are lots of mixes from Almighty/Unit 4 out there so can we somehow confirm this? Thanks!
Almighty fan...
Jeff
* DJ Nrg *
USA
DJ Nrg

Re: * Paula Myles - Evergreen! *

by illusive » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:50 pm

DJ Nrg wrote:Susie and Almy Staff...re: the Gay Classics 3 he's talking about...was there a "Definitive Mix" of this song released/recorded in 1994

No, at that time Almighty hadn't even created the "definitive" sound.
It was remixed in 1996 (first Definitive mixes) for the Gay Classics album.
illusive
Gold member

by Magic man » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:21 pm

Love the new hairdo Illusive!
And the girl at the back said
'Eveyone attack'!
Magic man

Return to Almighty Music