The Cover Girlz - You're Beautiful

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

cover girlz vs jason prince

by monty » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:00 pm

As hard as i tried to like the cover girlz cover version - i just could not get into it. Klone produced a fantastic version on this occasion.
monty
Gold member

by Dave G » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:06 am

I loved Alcazar :D seems ages since 'Crying at the discoteq' was out :( loving ur avatar QTStuff :D x x x
Dave G
Star member
Star member

by garyface » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:32 am

I really don't understand the Klone bashing that goes on on this forum, over the years Klone has released some fantastic music, Abigail, Flirtations, in fact all the Illusive/Ian Anthony Stephens tracks. More recently they released Nicki French, and a great version of "Shiver" etc.

They have catered for the fans of Italian Hi-NRG with some amazing SAIFAM albums, but their style is different to Almightys , but surely thats a good thing.

They don't always get it right but neither does Almighty, Energise or any of the other labels that put out dance covers, but the Klub Kidz version of "You're Beautiful" works brilliantly for me and is backed with an amzing version of "Incomplete", that is much better than the Backstreet Boys own dance mixes. So credit where it is due, the world of NRG would be a much smaller place without Klone.
We are only held back by our imagination!
garyface
Gold member

by Dave G » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:05 pm

I don't know why p[eople can't be nice :( but maybe I need a reality check or I'm to nice :roll: x x
Dave G
Star member
Star member

by djaay69 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:29 pm

well i am not slagging off klone and have loved some of there stuff in the past though i do feel that there older stuff is much better than some of the new tracks that they have put out but i feel that on this occasion that The Cover Girls version of The James Blunt Track is by far the better version though i have to agree that the version of incomplete that they have done rocks and is awesome and i totally love that i am just not too keen on the flip side.
I just get a better floor reaction when i play The Cover Girls version,though the floor fills when i play incomplete ?
djaay69
Star member
Star member

by Susie Almighty » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:19 pm

This was Almighty's best selling track of 2005!
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

To: canadian dj

by Loved Up » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:01 pm

canadian dj wrote: When I slow the track down a bit, the vocals have this neat way of sounding a bit like James Blunt which is quite nice.....even though they're cover 'girls'.

This is really strange, I also like to "play" with the speed, but this time I got reallly surprised BIG time...these are NOT the "original" Dream Girls voices, can't possible be, this has to be a male singer/singers from the begining right???
Loved Up
Star member
Star member

by canadian dj » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:34 pm

I see James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful' has gone to #1 on Billboard's Hot 100. I can't remember the last time a ballad (a nice ballad) actually has sat at the top spot in the states. It would be wonderful if Shayne Ward's 'That's My Goal' hit the charts over here....not likely to happen though.

Hopefully, lesser known American club DJs will start playing Almighty's great dance cover of 'You're Beautiful'. It's perfect for those smaller, intimate gay dancefloors where one hears the really good club music.
Dancin' helps relieve the pain
soothes your mind
makes you happy again!
canadian dj
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

by Jason » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:06 pm

There is quite a buzz now for it, and the other label's version are equally getting response now - even though normally these DJs do not play covers, this one seems irresistable to them - BUT - they do cave if asked for the music in the USA and people should do it.

It charted with us back when it came out if I recall, but it's getting more response now worldwide.

You know ROBBINS ENT. in NYC should be licencing these covers for the USA, and I urge all UK cover labels to contact them with samples (they have put out two huge covers now - "Faithfully" JUDY TORRES and "Listen To Your Heart" DHT). ;)

Cheers,
Jason. :)
DIRECT LINK TO EURO/HINRG DIVISION : euronrg.eurodancehits.com

"You could tangle a spider in it's own web with the words you weave"
Jason
Star member
Star member

You're Beautiful (Definitive Download)

by Justified » Fri May 19, 2006 9:11 am

I know almighty made 2 remixes of the James Blunt song "You're Beautiful" each made by The Cover Girlz.One an anthem cd and download and then a definitive download.The Definitive version came out around the same time another cd I wanted to buy came out so,I choose that over the other thinking I could come back another time and download the definitive single.Come to find out the single has been deleted and the radio edit and dub dont exist anywhere else.I tend to like dubs more than main mixes.So I guess my question is is Almighty ever planing to reissue the definitive single and/or download or has it been erased for good?
"I Finally Found Myself...Which Is Why I'm Not Here"
"And I Miss You...Like The Deserts Miss The Rain" - Tracey Thorn
"Ba Be Loo Be La...You're My Superstar!" - Kristeen
Justified
Star member
Star member

by fluff » Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 am

I can't even find the original version, have they sold out?
That was quick!!
fluff

by Justified » Fri May 19, 2006 9:54 am

I know...I was surprised the download was deleted as well though considering the song is really popular still...though if your after the Anthem Single,In my search for the definitive mix I found out its still being sold at
www.PerfectBeat.com.
Justified
Star member
Star member

by fluff » Fri May 19, 2006 10:43 am

Hey thanks for that Justified. I had better get my copy now before it turns into one of those items which go for a ridiculous price on Ebay :wink:
fluff

by Justified » Fri May 19, 2006 10:50 am

welcome...though its already going there for 12 bucks....how much higher could you go? :lol:
Justified
Star member
Star member

by womble » Fri May 19, 2006 6:53 pm

I got the CDr - was there Another Mix ??? What is going on - All these downloads is confusing poor ol Womble :-(
Womble :-)

Wombling Along To The Almighty Beat !!
womble
Wombling Along
Wombling Along

PreviousNext

Return to Almighty Music