Abbacadabra - 'We Love.....

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

Abbacadabra - 'We Love.....

by ABBACADABRA » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:39 pm

I MENTIONED THIS KINDA ON THE OLD ALMIGHTY FORUMS BUT NOW WITH THE NEW DOWNLOAD STORE HELPING ME OUT ON IDENTIFYING SOME OF THE MIXES ITS SPURRED ME ON WITH MY REMIXOGRAPHY AGAIN.
MAYBE THE ALMIGHTY TEAM CAN TELL ME WHAT THE MIX NAMES WERE FOR ALL THE TRACKS ON THE ABBASOLUTE DANCE COLLECTION DOUBLE CD1. IM SURE MONEY MONEY MONEY IS THE MARY MIX AS SOUNDS VERY SIMILAR TO THE MARY MIX ON THE DOWNLOAD SINGLE?
IS THE ALBUM VERSION AN EDIT AS IT SAYS ON INFO FOR DOWNLOAD SINGLE THAT IT WAS DONE FOR DANCE COLLECTION AND NOT RELEASED IN ITS ENTIRITY?

ALSO THE MUSIC FACTORY MEDLEY...WAS THIS RELEASED AT ALL BEFORE THE DOWNLOAD AS NEVER HEARD OF IT AND IM LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE THE ORIGINAL ALBUM WHICH ITS BEEN BUNDLED IN WITH ON THE DOWNLOAD STORE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, IM SURE THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER CONFUSING ONE!
ABBACADABRA

by Loved Up » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:31 pm

On & On & On is in full 12" Mix on the Abbasalute x 2, I'm not sure if it's the XX-act same version but I don't care really, maybe someone else could give you a better answer on that one? :)
Loved Up
Star member
Star member

by ABBACADABRA » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:41 pm

IM GUESSING ITS THE CLUB MIX AS SOUNDS SIMILAR TO THE DOWNLOAD SINGLE CLIP. NOW I JUST NEED THAT CONFIRMED AN THE MIX NAMES FOR THE OTHER 8 OR SO TRACKS LOL.
ABBACADABRA

Abba vs Abbacadabra

by illusive » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:54 pm

Are your favourite Abbacadabra mixes also your favourite Abba songs?
I thought of this today when I played "Abba gold" (while doing sit-ups, highly recommended - the music that is).

Abba top5:
1. SOS
2. Lay all your love on me
3. Gimme gimme gimme
4. Voulez-vous
5. Take a chance on me

Abbacadabra top5:
1. Lay all your love on me (Definitive mix)
2. Angeleyes (Definitive mix)
3. Honey honey
4. Voulez-vous (Euro mix)
5. SOS (Definitve mix)
illusive
Gold member

by chance » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:55 pm

Interesting topic and I have to say no. Some of my favorite Abbacadabra mixes are from ABBA songs I never really cared about.

Favorite ABBA:

1. When All Is Said and Done
2. The Winner Takes It All
3. The Day Before You Came
4. As Good As New
5. If It Wasn't For The Nights
6. Waterloo

Favorite Abbacadabra:

1. Dancing Queen (Kinky Boyz Mix)
2. The Name of the Game (Definitive Mix from original single)
3. Waterloo (Tribal Mix)
4. Lay All Your Love On Me (Definitive Mix from original single)
5. Gimme Gimme Gimme (Pop'd Up Mix)
6. Angel Eyes (Definitive Mix from single - the one that has the Gina G. riff)

So only one song on both lists. I do love the Pop'd Up version of "The Day Before You Came" but it didn't make the cut because I've always felt the vocals were a bit 'off' from the music. Also, I like the original vocalist from the very first Abbacadabra - Abbasalute album who did "The Winner Takes It All". I like the remixes of the re-recorded version better, but not the vocalist.

But Abbacadabra will always be my favorite Almighty project even if they're permanently retired. If it weren't for Abbacadabra I might well have never discovered Almighty (unlikely, but it would have taken a lot longer.)

~ chance
Remember Tomorrow
chance
Star member
Star member

by illusive » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:45 pm

Hi Chance
Interesting to see that some of your Abba faves are the lesser known songs (at least to not so-hardcore Abba fans)
As for the Dancing Queen/Kinky Boyz Mix, do you mean the original from the '95 cd-single or the one from the '99 re-issue because that was actually the Definitive Mix from the '96 Dancing Queen/Fernando remix single (ALMYCD79X)

quote:
"the vocals were a bit 'off' from the music"
I think this problem was solved with the '97 remix on the Revival Flight 2 album.
I also think it was much better production-wise, very moody which suits this song perfectly of course.

Lay All Your Love On Me/ Definitive Mix is my favourite because it was so different from the other mixes when they more or less copied the original but failed completely because they left out the famous drawing-outs of the original i.e. "I beg of you-OUOUOU-ou-ou-ou"/ "What can I do-OOOO-o-o-o".
Besides, the Sash-esque style of the '97 mix sounds very powerful to the extent of being a "credible" club mix.
The only point of criticism would be that they dropped the beat during the chorus parts (except the second one - it should have been the other way round)

I didn't care very much for the '99 remixes but some of the album tracks are very good like Money Money Money, On & On & On, Fernando's "Latin-style" and of course Waterloo (the most fun mix available IMO)
illusive
Gold member

by chance » Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:58 pm

Hi,

The "Dancing Queen" mix I listed is the Kinky Boyz Mix from the 1995 single (cd almy 79) which also features Dean's Mix of "Fernando". I do think this mix (or a very similar one) was later called the Definitive Mix around the time of the '99 reissues. Gets so confusing with all the reissues and slightly remixed versions.

I did love the Mary Brazzle remix of "Wrap Your Arms Around Me" from the '99 remixes. I did like the additional "Waterloo" mixes but the Tribal Mix is still my favorite. Maybe because I'm in the U.S. and we always have that type sound going in clubs here.

I do really love the version of "The Day Before You Came" from the Flight 2 album but I always loved the funky intro from the Pop'd Up mix and it was so close to being one of those perfect mixes for me. I wish they had done more remixes of that one in '99 or for this year's definitive album. All these memories - I think I may have to go make my own definitve Abbacadabra CD now.

Glad to find another ABBA fan here! :D

~ chance

BTW, I have to ask what your picture is of. Looks a bit like Marcia Brady but also a bit like an actress from early 80s horror movies whose name I don't know.
Remember Tomorrow
chance
Star member
Star member

by illusive » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:04 pm

The Waterloo Tribal Mix was wicked (in a festive way) - I don't think Almighty had ever done anything like that :shock:
My favourite cover of The Winner Takes It All was by Axel F (not to be confused with the infamous synthesizer theme) and I still like Rio & Mars' Gimme Gimme (despite the terrible vocals).
Shana Vanguarde's version of G.G.G./After Mix was good IMO - almost like the original "hook" has been played in reverse.
I have asked Almighty a hundred times to cover the Spanish version "Dame Dame Dame" but, needless to say, without any luck :(

As for my current avatar, it's Katy Kurtzman as "Lindsay Blaisdel" AKA the Ultimate Dynasty Bitch.
illusive
Gold member

abba vs abbacadabra

by sunworshiper » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:19 pm

i just love all the abbacadabra singles and albums not a duff one amongst them although im not too keen on the agnetha wrap your arms, but i do love her newer stuff especially the almighty mix of when you walk in the room.
sunworshiper
Silver member
Silver member

it is a pitty that abba-teens never did When I kissed the

by dj blue boy » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:30 am

teacher.....a remix of this would be nice and "when all is said and done" could be reworked by almighty or so
dj blue boy

Abbacadabra

by Ivana A Mandyk » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:58 pm

You know the sound is gettin' so damn good again. I'd like a new album from the ladies. It is like Almighty did with most of what is on Abba:Gold, can we have an album like Abba:More Gold?

I'd like some of the lesser known non-chart hits - anyone else? Ivana
PS. I'd like "Our Last Summer" and "The Piper".
Ivana A Mandyk
Small member

by Thora Zeene » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:35 pm

LOVE BOTH THOSE TRACKS......but the one that really needs doing is a track by GEMINI called JUST LIKE THAT...written by ABBA....it the abba single that got away....please Almighty consider doing an album of the lesser known ABBA :D
Thora Zeene
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by mobius » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:54 am

"Just Like That" would be great, but please not the dreadful Gemini version.

ABBA's version(s) is (are) so much better. 8)
mobius
Silver member
Silver member

by Thora Zeene » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:53 pm

I was only aware of ABBA's version being a casette demo stolen from Bjorn's car........is there an official version as I would love to get it :shock:
Thora Zeene
Glorious Member
Glorious Member

by mobius » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:56 pm

I think there were 3 mixes of ABBA's version, all of which escaped mysteriously out of the studios and ended up on the internet and bootie CDs.

The sound quality is poor on all of them.

There's a "Saxophone version", a "Dreamy version" and a "Lala version". :wink:
mobius
Silver member
Silver member

Next

Return to Almighty Music