OBSESSION 'NEVER ENDING STORY' -

Talk about all things Almighty... the label, the mixes, the artists

Moderators: Lynn Almighty, Susie Almighty, The Almighty Crew

OBSESSION 'NEVER ENDING STORY' -

by Susie Almighty » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:22 am

The first of our ' RELOADED ' singles takes off in January with ALMY 001 OBSESSION's 'Never Ending Story' taking precedent.
Each month there will be a classic Almighty track put together digitally prior to being made available as a download. We have found 13 different versions (re-mixes) of this song, many have never been available before.
From the very original mix that pre-dated 1st Chapter to the most recent update.
They vary in speed from 120 BPM the in 'tempo' of the time it was made up to 136 BPM. We're sure you will be able to recognise some of the inspirations of the time when these re-mixes were created. There is even a different vocal version with Miriam Stockley who was the voice of Obsession for a number of years.
It will be available as a limited edition CDR with Ten of the mixes. There will be two seperate download bundles covering all the mixes aswell.
Last edited by Susie Almighty on Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

obsession

by monty » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:45 am

will club members be receiving this limited cdr as well as the new deja vu tracks which are going into Trax Records (without the artwork)?
monty
Gold member

by Susie Almighty » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:54 am

Club members will get the finished product as soon as it arrives.
Susie Almighty
Susie - Mail Order and ADMIN

Obsession Never Ending Story

by Shuggy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:18 pm

WOW 10 mixes!!!!!!!!!
Where did they come from?
Can`t wait to get hold of a copy of this to hear the other mixes. I thought there was only 1st Chapter, 2nd Chapter and Mighty Mix.
What else is lurking in the vaults at Almighty Towers :D
Shuggy

by ichiban » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:55 pm

But that is NOT all the mixes, didn't Susie say that there is about 13 mixes in total.
Now You Don't Want To Know
What I Was Going Through
Cos Just Like You Said
It Means Nothing To You
So You Run
You Just Won't Show Love
That's The Thing
You're Frightened Of.
ichiban
Definitive Member
Definitive Member

by djaay69 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:15 pm

cant wait to get this as this was the first almighty track i bought 12 vinyl on loading bay records :D
djaay69
Star member
Star member

by djrio2003 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:06 pm

there are 2 mp3 download bundles which will be available next week online and they have all the different mixes. i caught a glimpse of them when they were briefly uploaded onto the site yesterday. they include all the mixes of the CDR release plus xtra mixes. one mix in the first bundle (a nick c mix, i think it's called) and 2 mixes on the second bundle which i cant remember the names exactly.
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

by chuckles » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:52 pm

ooerr .. mind you will be nice to have my mix on a cd ..crap though it was ..lol
oh the good old days ..dancin off me tits to that one ..
will it have the first mix with the illegal sample in it martin ? i liked that one
Nik C.
chuckles
Bronze member

by Shuggy » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:16 pm

Just listened to the Loading Bay release, is it the `return to the ordinary world, but that`s a another story!` you are talking about?
Is that not on the later releases then?
or does the Nik C mix have another sample?
Shuggy

by chuckles » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:19 pm

that's the one ...
chuckles
Bronze member

by Jason » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:19 pm

It is kind of special to me and I assume to the label as well as it was their break out success 'story' (pun intended!), and started the dynasty (again, pun intended for illusive - I LOVE DYNASTY!!!).

I remember it coming into the store here 1991 Almighty 001 - and it was a smash, every DJ straight and Gay snapped them all up (about 30 copies) within an hour, it was crazy in there - the only other time I saw that happen was with Donna Summer's "This Time I Know It's For Real" in 1989.

Never seen such fervour either since, although there was couple a crazy days during the euro dance days in the mid-90s.

Personally, I'd like a special 2-disc special edition with all the mixes to own listed by production date/year - that would be awesome. :)

A shame Limahl has not had a big hit since, what a voice on the original. :(

Jason.
DIRECT LINK TO EURO/HINRG DIVISION : euronrg.eurodancehits.com

"You could tangle a spider in it's own web with the words you weave"
Jason
Star member
Star member

limahl

by monty » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:53 pm

Talking of Limahl, who could ever forget the fantastic mix almighty did of 'Then Suddenly'? Don't know why this was never released as a single in the UK
monty
Gold member

by Jason » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:38 am

It was played here in Toronto, at The Barn.

It has been illegally available for awhile, perhaps that is where he got it from - but I've never seen it for sale. :(

Is he British?

Jason. :)
DIRECT LINK TO EURO/HINRG DIVISION : euronrg.eurodancehits.com

"You could tangle a spider in it's own web with the words you weave"
Jason
Star member
Star member

by Mixotech » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:20 am

Yes, he's British, from the northern town of Wigan, in the county of Lancashire.

His real name is Christopher Hamill, with Limahl being an anagram of his last name!
Mixotech
Star member
Star member

by djrio2003 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:25 am

and he is a hairdresser when he is not singing :)
djrio2003
Star member
Star member

Next

Return to Almighty Music